William Denq, MD
William Denq, MD
Banner - University Medicine
Center South Campus
2800 E. Ajo Way, Suite 200
Tucson, AZ 85713
Sports Medicine Faculty
Team Physician Tucson Roadrunners
Team Physician US Ski and Snowboard
My goal in sports medicine is to potentiate and maximize results through individualized health care. Everyone, even if they happen to have the same health issue, is just a little different in the way they move, what they eat, how they sleep, and how they recover. Although recovery from an acute injury or chronic condition varies on an individual basis, our team uses the the latest evidence based medicine to maximize results. We focus on a team-based, patient-centric approach where both patient education and multi-specialty collaboration are crucial.
Education & Training
- University of Pittsburgh, BS. Dual Major in Biological Sciences and Business, Minor in Chemistry, summa cum laude
- University of Pittsburgh, MD. Doctor of Medicine
- George Washington University, Emergency Medicine Residency, Boarded in Emergency Medicine
- University of Utah, Sports Medicine Fellowship, Boarded in Sports Medicine
- Musculoskeletal education is an important tenet in many graduate medical education residencies, especially Emergency Medicine. My background in Emergency Medicine and Sports Medicine puts me in a unique position to develop novel assessment tools and measure innovative education methods in an effort to improve physician competency and patient care.
- Regenerative medicine and orthobiologics are an important facet of sports medicine that is slowly becoming more mainstream. More research is needed to provide more efficacious and customizable options to patients who often present with not just one pathology, but often a multitude of secondary issues stemming from the original issue.
Honors & Awards
- Summa Cum Laude, B.S, 2010, University of Pittsburgh
- Phi Beta Kappa Honor Society, 2010, University of Pittsburgh
- Resident Teaching Award of the Year, 2018, George Washington University
- Attending of the Month Award, 2020
- AMES Excellence in Teaching Innovations Award, 2021