When space is available, select courses are open to other students, including students visiting from other schools.
Electives for Medical Students
Electives in orthopedic surgery are open to third- and fourth-year UArizona students as well as fourth-year students from other accredited medical schools:
- University of Arizona applicants receive priority placement until March 30
- Students from other schools can apply beginning April 1
- Visiting student applicants will be scheduled for remaining class seats on a first-come, first-served basis
Note that these electives are offered only at the UArizona campus in Tucson.
Extern Rotations for D.O. Students
Fourth-year D.O. students can now apply for extern rotations in orthopedic surgery:
- Applicants should try to schedule a rotation between August and November, though rotations can be scheduled year-round
- Applicants must have taken the USMLE Step 1 Exam and must submit a transcript with their applications
More Information for Visiting Students
All applications for students visiting from LCME-accredited schools are processed through the Visiting Student Learning Opportunities (VSLO) platform.
Students not at an LCME-accredited school should contact their school's student affairs office for assistance and next steps.
For opening dates and other questions, please contact UArizona College of Medicine Student Affairs.